Thank you for your interest in Heap’s Giant Pumpkin Farm’s school tours.
Our goal is to provide our guests a fun educational experience on a historical working farm. Presented in our pole barn classroom is our interactive, hands-on program. Guests will learn about the growing cycle of pumpkins and corn, the difference between pumpkins, gourds and squash and the importance of honey bees in plant growth. Also included is an exciting hay ride through our 25 acre pumpkin patch where groups may exit the ride and explore the field (weather permitting).
When your tour is complete, visit with the animals, navigate our corn and soy bean maze and enjoy our outdoor pavilion for a snack or lunch. Each guest completes their visit with a pie pumpkin as a great reminder of their day on the farm.
Highlights during your tour include:
- An interactive presentation in our pole barn classroom
- All about the growing cycle of pumpkins and corn
- Hands-on exploration of many varieties of pumpkins, gourds and squash
- Discovery of the importance of honey bees in plant growth
- Exciting hay ride through 25 acres of pumpkins where guests can investigate the fields
- Walking tour “meet and greet” with our farm animals
- Let the kids play in the Heaps O’ Fun Barn
- Pie pumpkins for everyone!
Make your reservation now!
We are open for school tours on weekdays from September 22 to October 31, 9am to 2:30pm. Please allow 90 minutes for your class tour.
- School Tour Cost: $5.00 Per Student
- Chaperone: $3.00 Each
- Siblings: $5.00 Each
- Teachers: Free